Duties & Responsibilities
• Managing the circulation of the Library resources
• Responsible for shelving and maintaining the materials in good order
• Withdrawing materials from the collection (weeding) under the direction of the Librarian
• Assisting with cataloguing new resources added to the Library collection, in particular books in Mandarin.
• Processing new materials and preparing them for use. Repairing materials that have been damaged.
• Operating the library management system (OPAC) and supporting its use by students
• Responsible for overdue controls and reservations, providing lists, reminders and follow-up.
• Helping Library patrons find materials to meet their needs
• Assisting patrons to become proficient in using on-line Library resources
• Encouraging pupils and staff to use the Library through a range of activities (CCAs)
• Supporting the Librarian with the supervision of students using the Library before and after school as well as providing cover/assistance during break and lunchtime openings
• Preparing display boards and materials for the promotion of the Library and its services
• Work as part of a team and train Student Library Assistants.
• Perform tasks and duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the post
• To undertake any reasonable request made by the line manager that ensures consistent delivery of service to the College (including emergency duty cover where required)
• A recognized certificate of higher education
• Fluency in both English and Mandarin; good verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with standard PC based information systems
• Good organizational skills with ability to work independently and as part of a team
• A basic understanding of pedagogy
• Knowledge of children’s literature
• Some experience of Libraries and their organization
Dehong International Chinese School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Free Shuttle Bus, Social Security and Housing Fund, International Environment and High-end Education Brand