Reports to: Head of Secondary
Location：Xi’an Liangjiatan International School
Start date: August 2020
Scope and purpose of the job:
In order to fill this role effectively, the successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies and experience. The successful candidate should be an outstanding teacher, learner, motivator and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills. The successful candidate should be able to provide professional expertise, and high quality teaching and learning. The successful candidate should make effective use of resources and ensure improved standards of learning, high performance and achievement for all students. The successful candidate should be flexible, creative and innovative and should be able to collaborate with colleagues in the division and in the school.
The role assumes professional responsibility for providing, leading and facilitating diverse and effective learning experiences using a range of experimental methods in a supportive and positive climate across the secondary school. The successful candidate should be an adaptable and inspiring educator, with the ability to deliver a coherent, balanced, integrated, inquiry-based program and should be capable of preparing students for international programs in a stimulating, challenging and well-organized learning environment.
Main activities and responsibilities
• Teach Phases 1-2, 3-4 or 5-6 of MYP Language Acquisition and DP Language B.
• Support the induction of new students into the school who arrive after the start of the academic year.
• Work independently and collaboratively to design and refine curriculum
• Monitor ongoing progress and assess Language Acquisition and Language B students
• Work with the pastoral teams, meet with parents to maintain links between home and school
• Have an active role in the wider curriculum, participating in extra-curricular activities and Week Without Walls trips
• Regularly check in to MY IB
• Stay current with MYP and DP Curriculum
• Maintain records of student work and progress through Learning/Language Profiles.
• Teach Homeroom Curriculum for High School and provide pastoral care for a middle school Homeroom class.
• Participate in the school’s staff development program
• Engage actively with the school’s performance management program
• Work as a member of a team, positively contributing to effective working relations within the school
• Communicate, where necessary with parents and external bodies, following school policies
• Attend Open Evenings, Three-Way Conferences, Student-Led Conferences
• Attend IB authorized training and stay current with all relevant changes to the IB guide.
All teaching staff are responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students they are responsible for, or with whom they come into contact.