The College Counsellor understands and models the mission and vision statements of the UWC-CSC. The College Counsellor works under the direction of the Student Life Division of the college and acts a student advocate in collaboration with the Academic Division.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the delivery of college-wide comprehensive counselling program by working with students of the college.
- Provide individual counselling and group counselling to meet the academic, career, and social/emotional needs of the student population.
- Consult with teachers, staff, and parents to enhance their effectiveness in helping students.
- Collaborate with Deputy Dean of Student Life (Community Learning) to develop and implement Life Skills Program for students.
- Assist the peer mentors in leading student and College-wide wellness initiatives.
- Participate in the College Leadership Team meetings as a student and college-wide wellness advocate.
- Comply with the standards of counselling as delineated by international counselling associations.
- Promote cross-cultural understanding among the students and staff.
- Assist Head of Houses and Advisors in community building activities.
- Provide workshops for groups of students or teachers on specific social/emotional topics.
- Collaborate with SEN department to ensure that students receive proper emotional and psychological support and services to be successful in the college programs.
- Refer students as needed to appropriate community agencies and therapists, in consultation with their parents.
- Maintain a strong, positive and informative relationship with parents.
- Respond to parent emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Participate in parent meetings with teachers and administrators.
Expected candidates from countries/areas like
Annual Paid Leaves,