Job title: Middle School （Grade7-9）EAL teacher
Recruitment quantity: 1
(I) Curriculum and Teaching:
- Delivery English Language Arts courses 12 periods per week.
- Be able to design interdisciplinary unit of inquiry, 4 classes per week.
- According to the students' intelligent development differences, organize differential learning tutoring, 4 periods per week.
- Properly use information, computer and technology means to improve teaching efficiency.
- Regular give demonstration / open classes with an emphasis on particular education practice.
- Participate project of social emotional learning, integrate SEL into the instruction, and create a supportive learning environment.
- Design and delivery classes explicitly supporting core competencies development by adopting innovation and progressive pedagogy.
- Organize assessments and prepare for the assessments according to the goal of the curriculum.
- Track the growth and progress of students and improve their comprehensive performance report.
- Research and develop bilingual fusion curriculum with academic team and other teachers.
- Develop subject courses and write unit plan together with teachers.
- Act as the coordinator of a teaching practice project, such as competencies education coordinator, social emotional learning coordinator, etc. And responsible for the research and promotion of this educational practice project. (Optional)
(II) Students management:
1.Student advisor. Hold regular advisory meeting and provide academic and SEL guidance.
- Parents communication. Answers parents' questions to ELA course.
- Organize and attend parent conference.
- Develop students ‘s social emotion and character education.
- Cultivate students' character by guiding their daily behaviors.
- Undertake the safety work of students and create a safe learning environment.
- Create visible learning classroom environment and culture.
- Organize and participate in college activities.
(III) school contribution and personal growth:
- Participate in the school's admission activities, such as promotional events, design test paper and grading, presentation, interview, etc.
- Take part in various school activities of the school, such as the opening ceremony, closing ceremony, festival celebration, union activities, sports meeting, etc.
- Participate in Professional development organized by internal and external institutions.
- Take the English / Chinese language courses organized by the school.
- 教师两个班英语语言艺术（English Language Arts）课程。每周10节课。
- 按照学校课程要求，采用具有创新和进步式教学法（innovation and progressive pedagogy）将核心素养要求融入到教学中。
- 与本学科教师一起开发学科课程，撰写教学单元计划（Unit Plan）。
- We would like to post your job on our website, but note that your school name will not be identified- only the details and location of the job. Please let me know if this is a problem, but note that if we cannot advertise your job it will severely impact our ability to fill it.
Yes, you can post our job on the website.
- Please outline the key elements of your recruitment criteria, noting which are required and which are desirable, in terms of curriculum background, experience, nationality, gender restrictions and ability to hire teachers with families.
Curriculum: We desire teachers have IB/IPC teaching background or other interdisciplinary/competency based curriculum by using /Project/inquiry based learning methodology.
Also wish the teachers had experience to develop students’ social emotional learning.
Nationality: Native English speaker from English speaking countries (because of visa restriction)
Gender: No gender restrictions
Family: we can hire teachers with families. Although our new campus is bilingual school, there are about 50% of classes will taught in Chinese and only has grade 1. Our other campuses are Chinese schools covering kindergarten to A-level high school (Dulwich International High School, Zhuhai). If the teachers are open to have their children to learn bilingually, we are happy to accommodate their children. And at least one child is tuition free expect A-level high school (Dulwich International High School, Zhuhai) .
- Some teaching areas are hard to come by even at the best of times when schools are recruiting early; how flexible are you in terms of nationality and curriculum background if we cannot find what you are looking for? We actively recruit from the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, US and South Africa. Are you flexible with these nationalities/curricula?
We are flexible about teachers ‘nationality. Oversea Chinese teachers are preferred. Those teachers can be either born abroad or having working experience abroad.
We are flexible about teachers ‘gender.
During teacher recruitment, we emphasize on teachers’ teaching philosophy, ability to adopt progressive pedagogy, and research ability. IB/IPC experience is preferred. Although there is a little flexibility, teachers’ experience in design and deliver interdisciplinary courses by using PBL/Inquiry based learning or other progressive methods is valued.
- Can you share a selection of pertinent school facts with us? Curriculum / Number of students and their student nationality / class sizes / assistant support / classroom technology / SEN & ESL support / extra-curricular activities / CPD, and anything else you feel is relevant at this time
School introduction. (I will prepare a separate document)
Quick facts: Huafa Education Group have 15 school entities covering from kindergarten (3-6), primary school(6-12), middle school (13-15), A-level high school(15-18);
Number of expat teachers: There are about 100 expat teachers working at our group in different campus/programs;
Number of students: about 7000, most of them are Chinese;
We are recruiting the teachers for our new school which will have 2 classes in 20/21 at our current campus, then officially open in Aug 2021. The teachers will be the pioneers of this new school and participate into curriculum development. At the new school:
-The majority will be Chinese students
-Expat teacher and Chinese teacher will be at ratio of 1:1.
-There are 25 students in each class and 2 Homeroom teachers (1 Chinese and 1 English)
-No teaching assistant. 2 homeroom teachers are equal. We encourage they can support each other. Chinese teacher is definitely not an assistant or translator.
-Big screen, internet access, computer in classroom.
-There will be ESL support to some students whose English are not good enough for normal classes.
-Teachers have opportunities to hold ECA. We offer various ECA to students.
-We will organize internal professional development and also sent teachers to attend IB reginal workshop.
- What kinds of personalities do best at your school? What are the key personal attributes that you look for?
As a new school, we need teachers have some certain characters:
Devotion; pioneer spirit; accountability; adaptability; flexibility；creativity；
- Please supply your salary scale for this role and details of the accompanying employment package including details of the accommodation that the school provides. What is your contract length?
Monthly Salary：20000-25000； 12 months
Housing：Studio or 3800RMB allowance that can rent 2 bedrooms apartment in nice neighborhood.
Flight allowance: No more than 9000 per family member
Child Education Allowance: 30000RMB per year
Three Meals on working days
- To help us to familiarize ourselves with the school can you outline some of its unique features that will aid teacher attraction? Achievements / exam results / teacher feedback / special stories
Yung Wing School is the best private school in Zhuhai. Working environment is attractive.
The school is brand new. All staff can contribute to the school on the aspects of curriculum, management, culture etc.
Huafa Education: http://en.zhhfedu.com/index.html
- More information about the location and expatriate information is always very handy if you have anything that you can share with us
http://www.cityofzhuhai.com The introduction of Zhuhai
www.zhhfedu.com/ Website of Huafa Education
www.rhschool.cn Website of Yungwing School