• Teach English to young English Language Learners in PreK, K, and grades 1-5.
• Design innovative lesson plans according to curricular requirements. This will include adapting instructional methods and materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
• Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate the world around them.
• Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
• Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
• Monitor children’s interactions in order to nurture cooperation and sharing.
• Evaluate academic and social growth of students by keeping appropriate records via online management systems.
• Communicate with parents and school administrators on student progress.
• Actively engage with administration and teaching staff on various classroom-based projects and school-wide activities.
• Follow and comply with ethical teaching standards and safety regulations.
Qualifications, Experiences and Skills:
• Master’s degree in primary/elementary education and/or TESOL and at least 1 year of experience in primary school education. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any of the above subjects with 3 years of experience in primary/elementary school education may also apply.
• Solid expertise in teaching young learners with a range of abilities. Excellent knowledge of the latest educational theories and practices for early childhood development.
• High standards of professionalism and professional ethics.
• Recognition of the diversity in cultures and nationalities within the school.
• Open-mindedness and willingness to try new pedagogical techniques and be flexible.
• Excellent self-management and organizational skills.
• Patience, perseverance and excellent communication skills.
• Enjoy working with children in a fun and safe environment.
• Ability to prioritize workloads and to inspire children and adults with an enthusiasm for learning.
• Good team-player attitude with a strong ability to communicate with a diverse teaching and administrative staff.
Annual Evaluation Bonus