The position of “Director of Student Activity” oversees the Department of Student Activity (DSA) at China World Academy. The Director provides leadership and guidance to all organized student activities. The Director plays an integral role in the formation of students, and in such role sets the tone for much of the student experience outside the classroom. The Director advises and offers guidance to the members of DSA in the performance of their duties.
Deputy Principal of Student Life
- Plans and implements the responsibility of Department of Student Activity, including the key functions of CAS program, clubs, competition, boarding weekend activities and project week program;
- Organizes and publishes the calendar of events prior to each semester; plans and oversees the coordination of all planned student activities to insure that they are uplifting, that they foster community spirit, and that they acquire learning out of classroom;
- Leads the department with execution of signature events and leadership initiatives;
- Provide assistance, support, and advice in the planning and execution of all student activities;
- Develop learning outcomes, conduct assessment, and prepare and carry out department plans and reports for programs and initiatives in DSA;
- Oversee the management of DSA financial records and procedures;
- Participate and contribute in broader Student Life programs, events, and initiatives;
Qualification and Skills Necessary
- Bachelor’s Required; Master’s degree strongly preferred. Fluent in English and Chinese communication.
- At least five year’s experience in student activities or college counseling, experience as CAS coordinator
- Leadership skills, especially with respect to young men and women
- Strong understanding of and ability to weave a formational approach into various types of activities
- Comfortable in preparing and presenting to groups, strong communication skills and ability to motivate students
- Experience working with young people and commitment to the character and personal formation of young people.