The European Union Education Foundation (CHEER) together with the World Leading Schools Association (WLSA) is looking for a full time English Teacher for its prestigious 4 year WLSA Xin Zhu Yuan Middle School International Teaching Program in Shanghai, China. Duties to commence at the start of the new school year of 2021-2022.
The CHEER Foundation/WLSA Foundation, with its headquarters in Amsterdam and two subsidiaries in Shanghai and Beijing, is a non-profit organization, whose mission is to promote education exchange and cooperation between China and Europe, as well as the rest of the world.
1) Be professional, cooperative and passionate about teaching.
2) Good command of English. Must be a native English speaker.
3) A minimum of an appropriate Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma.
4) At least two years’ experience in English language teaching.
5) Excellent communication skills and an outgoing personality.
6) Initial training and orientation is required before commencing teaching.
1) Teach English or English related courses to Chinese students enrolled in WLSA’s 4-year middle school international teaching program in Pudong District, Shanghai.
2) Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences using a variety of learning materials and resources that follow clear objectives.
3) Observe and evaluate students’ performance by assigning and grading class work, homework, projects, tests, and assignments; and provide appropriate and timely feedback on their work. Conduct summative assessment regularly.
4) Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development through Blackboard.
5) Communicate with parents and inform them of their child's progress in school.
6) Manage student behaviour in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
7) Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary system of the school and apply appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary.
8) Participate in students’ co-curricular activities and events.
9) Perform certain pastoral duties including self-study supervision, student support in the form of extra classes, counselling students with academic problems and providing student encouragement.
10) Participate in department, school, and parent meetings.
11) Keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities. Adjust and differentiate instruction to meet the learning needs of students.
12) Participate in related teaching activities organized by CHEER and WLSA.
13) Teach up to 20 periods per week, 40 mins per period.
14) Improve teaching through professional development programs. Contribute to the development of the school’s curriculum.
15) Follow school’s rules and regulations. Maintain regular office hours.
Salary and Benefits:
A competitive pre-tax salary of 20000-25000 per month, which is to be negotiated, based on education background, workload and teaching experience.
A work- and residency permit and expat health care plan will be provided.
Free breakfast and lunch provided on school days.
Annual round-trip airfare allowance
On-campus dormitory is available upon application.