- Successfully implement a high-quality performance art program for the whole school that aligned with HQIS’ mission, vision and values,
- Successfully create positive learning environment which facilitates the personal, social, and intellectual development of students
- Actively support the school’s mission, vision, and values
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to learning
- Plan for and guide the learning process to help students achieve program objectives
- Manage each group of students while effectively providing for a variety of learning styles, ability levels, and educational/ linguistic backgrounds
- Individualize the content when necessary to meet each student’s learning needs
- Maintain the highest and most appropriate learning expectations of all students at all times
- Monitor student learning continuously and make appropriate modifications of goals and strategies to meet students' needs
- Use appropriate assessments to support students’ learning processes through frequent and meaningful communication about student progress
- Participate in a school committee, school sponsored events and activities
- Participate in staff and grade level meetings
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students and parents
- Represent the school in a positive and professional manner
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to implement a transdisciplinary programme of inquiry
- Contribute to the development of action plans for school-wide special events that outline the action, resources, and individuals involved in executing the plan in conjunction with leadership team.
- Organize and facilitate Bands, Choirs, Orchestra, dramas and other performance art for students, parents and teachers
- Lead performance art programs both during class time and over after school programs / winter & summer schools
- Plan, coordinate, and direct select performances internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned by school leadership
• Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum and the needs of students
• Demonstrated successful teaching experience at the age level and subject to be taught is preferred
• Demonstrated evidence of classroom management skills
• At least four years teaching experience in early childhood or elementary or MS-HS school programs
• PYP teaching experience preferred
• Experience planning, coordinating, and directing school performances
• Experience organizing and conducting a school band, orchestra and choir
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Music and Education
• Teaching certification from an accredited institution
Teaching certification from an accredited institution
• Month salary: negotiable.
• Collaboration with top U.S. school faculty members directly; Opportunities for PD training in
America, England, Hongkong and other countries.
• Performance-based bonus.
• Housing allowance and other benefits.
• Seven sick days per whole academic year (191 working days).
• Free Lunch and snacks.