1. Participate in the curriculum design of English subject
2. Plan, organize, and provide instruction in English that meet school standards
3. Provide instruction that is consistent and coordinated with school’s instructional program so as to ensure that students meet and exceed learning targets
4. Develop and deliver lesson plans that utilize a broad range of appropriate teaching techniques and strategies
5. Address all aspects of communication through appropriate instruction that develops each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the appropriate content area
6. Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition
7. Adapt curriculum to provide individual, small group, and/or remedial instruction as to meet the needs of individual students and subgroups of students
8. Employ a variety of proven, research-based techniques and strategies for effective classroom management, lesson planning, active student engagement, and instructional delivery to meet different aptitudes and interests of students
9. Provide a nurturing and supportive learning environment that encourages student responsibility and incorporates challenging instructional strategies
10. Design and deliver English related optional courses as needed Supervises students in out-of-class activities during the assigned working day.
1. Native English Speaker
2. At least 3+ years of experience in teaching English as the second language. Experience in teaching K-12 is preferred.
3. Graduate degree or graduate certificate in ESL.
4. English Degree plus/including Teaching Degree /PGCE or recognized equivalent strongly preferred.
5. Teaching experience in China is a plus.
6. A sensitivity to the development stages and well-being of ELLs
7. The ability to incorporate current technology into the classroom environment
8. The ability to adapt to changing work priorities and maintain flexible working hours
1. Enthusiasm for English language. Avid reader.
2. Open, optimistic and creative
3. Ability to inspire children and adults with an enthusiasm for learning.
4. Strong desire in continuous personal and professional growth
5. Strong ability to work with a diversity of individuals and groups
6. Strong ability to establish and maintain constructive relationships
7. Support our school’s share vision and common goals regarding English education